IRCC has announced that they will open the gates for the six new limited-time-only immigration pathways on Thursday, May 6 at 12 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST).
However, IRCC has not released the application guide after saying they would do so on May 5, 12 p.m. (EST).
According to sources, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) revealed this information in a May 4 meeting with the Canadian Bar Association’s Immigration Law Section and other associations representing immigration lawyers and consultants.
Here’s what applicants should expect:
– The application portal will assess their eligibility for six pathways.
- Candidates will need to complete multiple forms including Generic form
- E-Signatures are permitted
- Each stream will require different documents
- Some documents are mandatory for submission
- If applicants do not have certain documents that is required, applicants should at least be able to provide proof that they are in the processes of acquiring their documents such as medical exams and police clearance certificates.
- IRCC suggests submitting your old medical exam if you have it so that later IRCC can provide the applicant advice later on whether or not they must submit a new one.
- IRCC estimates that they will complete processing at least 40,000 permanent residence applications in 2021, meaning to say that a big portion of applicants can expect to obtain their P.R. status in 2022.
Stay tuned for more updates.
Contact us for more counsel and help in submitting an application.